Options

Need to buy ac

zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
looking for a hatch style ac
cruise air or maybe advice on portable unit

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen guys use those hatch style, they say it keeps the cabin cool. Got to be better than sweating in your sleep. He would take it off and put in a dock box when underway. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Ye
    this season I be spent enough and might have To wait till next or just buy portable 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a buddy with a sailboat who uses one of those portable units from Costco. They are around $300 and they look like a dehumidifier. Keeps his 40' sailboat nice and cool all summer. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    I had the hatch ac unit with the handle in the side. They chill down the cabin extremely well. Very expensive but definitely do the job. Need two people to get unit in now if boat. It's not heavy just awkward 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your going to buy a hatch unit keep your eye out for used. I see them out there used on craigs and around our marina every year. I think a lot of people use them for a while and then either sell the boat or just put in central air so the hatch units are out there used. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    I might just to portable ac style with a vent
    that way I don't have to carry the darn thing up and down 
  • Options
    rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    I have a cruisair hatch unit and it's worth the money and I can probably sell it for what I paid for it.  It fits in my dock box, I will run it off of a honda 2000 gen when on the hook and it's 95+ degrees, for the small kids;). I think I paid $300 on CL for it. Use it probably 5-10 a season in Chicago. I can move it around and put it in on my own, a bit of a strain tho.  We had the portable Costco AC unit in our house, it smelled like wet dog and we returned it.