Options

Need 2000's era FV290 opinions

pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
I could not decide if I should buy a bigger truck first or wait to see what size cruiser I might end up with. Now I have a 2015 3500HD 4X4 dually long bed Chevy with Duramax to tow with. I have always been interested in the older 290's. My questions include;is the forward berth big enough for a 5'8" guy and gal and the minimum power option. I think the base was twin 4.3s but I see one in Ohio for sale with twin 5.7's. I know the biggest is usually the best but I also need room around the motors to work. Even though potential possibilities are all over an 8 1/2' beam, I hope to keep it adjacent to the State Park at Dale Hollow Lake (done this before) which pretty much keeps it off the highways except for park access. Thanks! -Paul

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always liked that boat. It was my goal to move into a 290FV, then I got divorced from my first wife, so that never happened. The aft cabin had a queen size bed, which is where I was going to sleep. I am 6', so I felt that it was decent. The forward berth has an unusual shape to it, but I never felt uncomfortable in it. Keep in mind, these are boat show opinions. I would think that twin 5.7's would give that boat some get up and go. There are a few on here that have 290FV's. One that comes to mind is @babyboyboater1111 . Hopefully he will chime in for you. Good luck.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Love Dale Hollow Lake!
  • Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I know the rear berth is pretty big but my son-in-law is 6'3" and I think he needs the room more.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Love Dale hollow also, I meet a guy last year with 280 with twin 4.3's the one with 10 ft beam, may have been a 1996 or 1998 not sure,  he complained not enough power, and took to long to plane. he had had it about a year, and was going to sell it. unhappy boater.
    Post edited by randy56 on
    Boat Name :