Options

Heat Does Not Come On 280EC

barthbcbarthbc Member Posts: 5
Tried to set the heat at 72 and it would not come on.  Normally it remains at 72 and a 5 degree window choosing whether ac or heat is needed.  The ac works fine but the heat doesn't even attempt to come on.   Troubleshoot says to lightly tap the valve with a rubber mallet.  Haven't tried looking for the valve on the unit.  Any help?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    edited June 2013
    Have you tried turning the temp up higher?  Did you notice if the display showed it in heat mode?  (little light next to sun picture)  You may also have to change some internal settings for reverse cycle to come on which I'm betting is the case.  Also, are you sure it has reverse cycle?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Friends boat did the same thing in reverse. For some reason the setting got changed to Heat only. There's a combination of buttons to push/ hold to reset it to do both. It should be explained in the manual.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    In the setup menu you can select which mode you want, heat only, ac only, auto. You can also change the differential.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Is your water running through the AC? Go outside and see if there is a continuous stream of water about 1/2" diameter coming out one of the drains.  If not, you probably need to prime the air con pump. On my boat the valve and pump is under the mattress in the aft cabin. Lift the mattress and you should see a covered port. Check if the valve is open. If not I'm not sure how you prime without sinking your boat! LOL! But my dealer did it once before for me, so it is possible.

2) Check your manual and read the service settings. Go into the menu and make sure everything is okay. You may want to reset everything to factory default.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Mark, priming can be done usually two ways.  Either take her out for a ride with that seacock open or, use a hose and push water back thru where it usually comes out.

• Options
    According to the manual there are two types of controls.  Mine is the smaller.  The unit has water flow and the ac is working fine.  I can set the temp to 85 and the heat does not come on indicated by the red led lit up and heat coming out.  Don't believe there is any programing to do, the unit chooses heat or ac by the temp you select.  Blower runs fine just the heat will not cycle on??
  • Options
    maybe you can tell us what unit you have.  I don't know of any that don't have settings you can't change.  You usually need to hold the power button on for 5 seconds (or another button during power on) and it will appear at the first setting.  But you need to have the list of the settings to know which one to change.

• Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Take a picture of the control, but if the control has a indicator light with a sun or fire image, I can tell you how to fix in 30 seconds. I had to figure mine out this spring as mine was set for ac only as well.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    You are correct about the unit deciding whether to heat or cool depending on the temperature setting BUT you also have to have it programmed to do both for that function to work.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    I agree with old dog. im pretty sure that I also have a heat only mode, a cool only mode & heat/cool. I think you need to program it to heat as others have said.
  • Options
    Going today.  Will fiddle with it and take pictures.   Thanks. Ben
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google the manual on your cell and read it.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Thanks for all the input.  It was Program problem.  Evidently the dealer disconnected the batteries in storage and it lost program over time.   Did exactly as WEBER stated and all is fine.  Thanks again..... 
  • Options
    Glad to hear it is working now.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Nice easy free fix.....lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com