Options

Wet floor

RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
We have a 2003, 342. Woke up this morning to a totally saturated floor mostly in front of the bathroom door, I believe it's NOT coming from the fresh water supply, my thoughts is that is is raw water for the toilet, there's no odor , so I know it's not sewage leaking, thoughts on the problem and solutions ???? The storage compartment in the aft is just slightly damp!

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.  Check the shower sump
    2.  Check for leaks at the AC raw water pump
    3.  Check your toilet and AC strainers for leaks
    4.  Is there water in your mid-berth bilge?  I had leaks in the hoses from the shower sump outlet and the outlet tube from the bilge pump. 

Any of the above will get that area wet.  Been there!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    B D, where is the AC raw water pump? and yes we have a small amount of water in the mid berth bilge, we put the boat in last Saturday, but only had problems last night

• Options
    Remove the port side aft berth cushion. The A/C pump plus the strainers for the A/C and toilet are there.  The shower sump is visible too. 

The float/pump in the shower sumps can go bad and overflow. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Ok, will check that out, we did run the ac for the first time yesterday,  the shower sump still has the pink antifreeze in it.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    OK, not the AC raw water, not the toilet raw water, not the shower sump. We have the water turned off to the boat ???  Grrrr

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Is it wet in the shower / A/C pump areas?  If dry those places, I would remove the shelf insert in the shower. That gives you access to the raw water pump for the toilet and both thru hull drains for the shower and mid berth bilge pump.  Cycle each and look for leaks in the corregated tubes. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Well, pulled the shelf in the shower, cant see anything, even with mirror, pulled the fridge and the floor under the fridge support and there was the water,  dirty water with no odor ??? 
  • Options
    Could be the hose/thru hull for the kitchen or bathroom sink.  

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    No more water was coming in, had to leave , I will pick this back up next Saturday 
  • Options
    Just an odd thought. Maybe you had water in the mid bilge and when launching it sloshed forward. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    That's a thought, the water was dark, like Pepsi, thought is was sewage, but we drained it good, then added antifreeze,  it also had no older to it, Strange, 
  • Options
    Problem solved, the water pipe to the shower was cracked, the water must have mixed with the previous owners over flowed coffee when it got to the floor.  Lol