Options

2004 FV270 Mid Bilge pump hose routing... anyone replace this?

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
Noticed my forward bilge pump line is leaking when it runs.  Anyone have any clue on how to access the line at the thru hull? I was dealing with a couple other problems today and didn't take a super close look at it.. hoping there's some panel that easily comes off!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Check the locker, if you want to call it that, under the sink in the head. If it isn't there, it should be behind the A/C unit.
    yeah, I was in there tracking down that other leak, I saw the drain for the sink - but not the AC.. guess I'll be getting in there more this weekend. 
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    there are four discharge holes together   bilge,a/c discharge, sink in head, and mystery hole lol    i think i remember when i removed the cutout insert for the toilet paperi saw them to the right    its a tight space  id replace the sink hose too while your in there,lol    dont ya love boats. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mystery one is the drain behind the helm. it drains overboard right there.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    The mystery one is the drain behind the helm. it drains overboard right there.
    oh yes!   withe the cutout removed you can snug up the sink drain or re puddy it, mine was loose,     also J3ff, if your enjoying that, you might as well crawl in and remove the a/c unit panel, its 2 screws. theres a drain pan in there for the a/c unit    mine had a little bit of crud in there holding moisture water.  
  • Options
    Yeah, the weather is going to be awful up here this weekend, so I guess it's going to be putting up the eisenglass and having fun replacing these hoses and cleaning the AC. 

I do still have a pretty big problem, the A/C thru hull valve leaks a pretty large amount of water every second or two.. I put a valve at the other end of the hose to solve the problem for now.. not sure how safe that is.. will post pictures this weekend. Would REALLY like to avoid the $400 charge to have it short hauled and put back on blocks until the boat yard can get to it (they are absolutely hosed with work right now).. 

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff there's a rubber mushroom thing that you open the valve push it though the hole it opens up and flattens out on the hull,twist off the valve,replace,and pull the (thing) back out.
    Searched the Web and could not find it.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    @J3ff there's a rubber mushroom thing that you open the valve push it though the hole it opens up and flattens out on the hull,twist off the valve,replace,and pull the (thing) back out.
    sweet, perfect! What a great idea! 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-P49Y-o6Y8 this is what you're talking about right?

One problem with this is the bottom of the raw water thru hull on this boat isn't just a hole like that.. it has a cover on it with slits in it..

like this... 

not sure if it's metal or not, but obviously the video wont work :( 
  • Options
    That's the one I saw.you are right it won't work.I have to change 2 of those this weekend I hope just the screen comes off. $15 compared to 60$ and much easier,there both crushed in.
  • Options
    Scoop strainer
  • Options
    Well here's how its fixed for now... 

The yellow handle is the one that leaks, put the blue handle valve in and a new strainer...Don't see any leaking when ac is on or off, time will tell though. Anyone see a reason why this fix is dangerous it wrong?
  • Options
    I'm going to take everyones silence as telling me it's alright to put a second valve inline on the other end of a hose. :) 
  • Options
    Not the safest but it works
  • Options
    Yeah that was what I thought. I'm planning on sleeping on this boat for weeks this summer.  The next thing to be installed is two high water alarms, one in the mid bilge and one in the rear. I think that'll take care of the safety aspect. Thru hulls replaced over winter 2017.  Sound good?