Options

De-winterizing water and AC systems

luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in Rinker News & Updates
I am going to de-winterize my water system and AC this weekend. How do I flush water and a little bleach ithrough the hot water tank? It looks like I have only one water inlet on the side of the boat and that feeds the big tank. How about getting the antifreeze out of the AC?  Just run it once I splash?  Any input will be appreciated. This is my first season with the 270. 

Answers

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire it up and it will spit it out.that's for the A/C.hot water if empty just flush if full drain frist,to drain you need open the blown of valve and the drain.It takes a couple of times to get it all out.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Just did mine today, first run all the pink out of water tank and hot water heater. Then I ran two full tanks of water on the ground, If you turn on water heater before getting all the pink out the water will stink, like rotten eggs. I always wait till I'm in the water to do AC. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Make sure after you drain the antifreeze out of the hot water heater that you turn on the water pump and open a hot spikot before you turn on the water heater circuit. Even a short period of time that the water heater operates with no water in it will kill the heating element. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my hot water tank, I opened up the drain and ran the water thru it until the water ran clear.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the water heater, also make sure you remove any air lock.  The only way to do that (as far as I know) is to lift the pressure relief valve until you have nothing but water coming out.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    Thanks all. Done!