Options

2000 Bowrider purchase advice re tips to look for in hull

Hi folks, just brand new to forum and I have opportunity to buy a 21ft Bowrider 2000 hull model with a modified 5l V8. This one in fact https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1144900776 and I,Ve had boats before but never a glass boat and only ever a Seadoo ski. I,m mechanically minded to build engines but I have zero experience in fibreglass hulls. So is there any tell tail signs I need to look for in the hull only as this chap has dropped 25% already. Yes in Australia so we don,t have as many owners. In fact nil on second hand lists at present.

just looking for any advice to help me decide, thanks 

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mousie Nice looking Rinker, Not really sure what the question is. There are many products to keep your boat clean a waxed. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Welcome to the RBOC. Nice looking boat I dont think you have any problems with the fiberglass if that is what your asking. Also any good marine grade wax will keep her looking good.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    See if you can track down a moisture meter.  That's usually what surveyors use to verify that hulls are "dry".  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX