Options

Installation nmea2000 in 232

nennedknennedk Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
hi. Has anyone installed a n2k network in their rinker 232 and are willing to show with pictures where/ how. Has so far pulled the backbone from engine compartment to helm through starboard side of boat but haven't fixed it yet. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    NMEA install is most likely going to be different for every boat. Just remember this: Install your POWERED backbone and everything that is ran from it needs a "T". At any open ends of the "T" you need a terminator. Here is my NMEA2000 in my FV270: (yellow: backbone, blue: smartcraft data cable, blacks: chartplotter and eclipse radio) 
  • Options
    nennedknennedk Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Very nice indeed, and that is want i want :) Just need some inspiration. Have you connected the n2k power cable directly to battery or through ignition or...? Is it your engine compartment i'm looking at?
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    nennedk said:
    Very nice indeed, and that is want i want :) Just need some inspiration. Have you connected the n2k power cable directly to battery or through ignition or...? Is it your engine compartment i'm looking at?
    That is in my engine compartment and I powered the N2K and chartplotter through the same switch on my dashboard(top row, 2nd switch)... my reasoning was that I didn't want the N2K energized all the time and I never operate anywhere without the chartplotter on, so I put them both on the same switch