Options

Anti rain thread

skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
I'm just starting an anti rain thread to see if it will help stop it from raining here is Chicago.  Thought friday would be our backup launch date and they are talking bad weather.

Come on!!!
2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send some down here
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @shawnmjr you're already in?! Jesus lol. I was hoping to drop mine in this coming weekend but I don't think the weather is going to cooperate with me. Go figure lol
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are predicting 4 days of rain starting Wednesday, We got 5 inches over the weekend, just an hour North of us received 10 inches.  Wind today up to 40 mph today. Where getting flooding in all low areas. Hope your anti rain starts soon.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    OMG really, it was 34F here today with rain and ice pellets. Got the boat out of storage on Saturday. Won't be going anywhere soon :(
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Pouring in Buffalo,good time to find any rain water leaks, was hoping to go in this week.
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea it's been rainy and cool here in Cleveland. Most of the people on our dock are in and I keep texting them from indoor storage where I am tinkering with my boat that it's dry, 70 and no wind where I am! Going in next week...
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    I hope it isn't a sign for what kind of summer we will have!!!  I know every spring is rainy but this year seems nuts
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad here too. Worst spring I can remember in the last 10 years for sure. Maybe we got spoiled. Trees and grass is loving it.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    My hope is that all the nasty weather is getting out of the way now.  

Our boat is in the water, but at my mechanic's while the genny gets a new water pump, and sea water pump, and thermostat, and and and....

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Seems like a theme.  In the northeast its been rainy as well.  However we did have a nice saturday this past weekend, albeit we encountered serious fog most the day so couldn't cruise too far.  I was checking solar output at my home compared to the last two years, and the number of no sun days are impressive this year.  CT has technically been in a drought the past 2 years though, so we are finally catching back up.  HOpefully its just a spring thing and we get another summer of sun.
  • Options
    So Friday was our backup launch date.  Here is the weather forecast.  LOL

FRIDAY
    NORTH GALES TO 35 KT. WAVES 8 TO 11 FT OCCASIONALLY TO
    14 FT.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Florida has just been dry as a bone. Winter for sure our dry season but we are down 7 plus inches. River has dropped 4' so getting to be a problem...
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @skennelly with that forecast I be happy to be on the hard. 8 to 11 is crazy
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    My club's annual Commissioning Day is this Sunday, and I'm in charge of providing the sound system.  So I hereby petition the Tiki Gods of Weather to please make sure the rain stops by 5PM Saturday.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    LaRea said:
    My club's annual Commissioning Day is this Sunday, and I'm in charge of providing the sound system.  So I hereby petition the Tiki Gods of Weather to please make sure the rain stops by 5PM Saturday.

That might be about right for our forecast this weekend.  I'm hoping to finally do my first boat ride either today or tomorrow.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    RustySRustyS Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

It's a mess here on the eastern shores of Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence....

I am behind and haven't unwrapped boat yet but am now not too worried about it and will be ok if not splashed until Memorial Day. Lots of lake shore and river shore flooding due to west winds and the amount of rain. Hopefully the weather Gods can start cooperating a bit more!

The floating debris is amazing and I would be afraid to get up on plane. Everything from logs to entire dock sections are being photographed in open water and main channels!

Gonna sit back and make sure everything is 100% before starting the season with a new-to-me vessel!

• Options
    Nothing is working!  It won't stop raining!
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we are just dying for some rain around here- this has been our dry season but inland where I live we are down like 7 inches this year and it shows....double edge sword because once it starts, it does not stop until the fall!
  • Options
    Just got word The Ohio river will finally be low enough to put docks in Memorial day week end! You Pittsburgh guy's keep that water up there we do not need any down here.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited May 2017
    New plan, docks are not going in memorial Day week end,  High water, We received 9.22 inch's of rain in April, Our avg. rain fall for April is 4.37  And May 3.5 inches this month. So far. I'm now a professional driveway boater.
    Boat Name :