Best flooded deep cycle battery in Canada

frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
Hi,
Would like to have your opinion for good deep cycle batteries groupe 31. Available in Canada, I need 3 of them. The charger on my 300 is only for flooded battery. I am in my second sets since 2013 bought from Battery expert called big red, no luck with them.
Thanks
Paul

Comments

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    @Mt was the battery expert ???????? is he still around. Or do you know how to contact him. I sent him a PM
    Post edited by randy56 on
    Boat Name : 

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can find Deka batteries, they are very good. That is what I have on my boat.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Watched a great review on Powerboat Television this past weekend on Odyssey marine Batteries. Looks very interesting. Super high quality- apparently unaffected by cold storage as well.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul, I would replace the battery charger - they are not expensive then I'd switch to Series 31 AGMs or even maybe Series 31 TPPLs. If I were buying 3 new batteries I'd definitely ditch the deep cycle flooded - imo the newer technologies make for a far better battery (higher cranking amps, better AHs and waaay faster re-charging times) MT :-)
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

"in your second set", does that mean you are now looking for the 3rd set?  Two sets of batteries in 4 years?  I've had flooded batteries for the last 17 years of boating, and definitely the last 10 or so have been using evermaxx from Wal-mart with no issues...always getting 5 summers out of them.  I just changed all my batteries a month ago and going to try out the TPPL that MT has mentioned, as well as regular AGM for the starters.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bet you can't find a more powerful battery at a lower price like this one!!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nautilus-31-Deep-Cycle-Marine-Battery-31MDC/205309650

Have had 0 problems with the two I installed last year.
  • frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the Infos.
    MT, what you are saying make a lot of sense and I do understand the new technologies.But for now the budget for this year is gone, just purchase new complete canvas with Canadian money at .73 cents : (  from TJ .    Dream Inn yes looking for a third set the first two sets where called Big Red that where we'll taken care of but did not last.
    Here what I found today I have chance to buy Rolls batteries model 12-FS-125 12 volts 
    res 215 at 25A at a special price 2years full warranty and 60 months pro- rated.
    One more question the ones I saw today manufacture date was November 2016, should I be looking at recent manufacture date, or Nov. 2016 be good.
    Merci
    Paul