Options

Generator

My generator spits water runs for a time then shuts off. Is my strainer filer clogged ? Is it a special wrench to take it off Ali's new at this. 

Comments

• Options
    fordf350fordf350 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry I have a 2012 310 express generator has 25 hrs on it and seems not a lot of water coming out while running what can it be?
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Black_Diamond, Our resident, Generator expert, good thing he does not charge for advice. lol, 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benny is like everything else, it needs Service! If you just bought the boat you need to start from scratch. There are many threads on the subject, I would start there! 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Benny is like everything else, it needs Service! If you just bought the boat you need to start from scratch. There are many threads on the subject, I would start there! 
    Benny???? RLMAO
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The cooling system for the genny has lots of points of failure.  There is the pump that brings up the sea water, the pump inside that moves the coolant, thermostat, anode, the heat exchanger.

The genny will shut itself off if it over heats, detects low oil, high voltage, low voltage, or it just wants to.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Start with new plugs and a new impeller and go from there. If the impeller is torn apart you'll want to backflush the heat exchanger. If it still shuts off after running for a while you are likely overheating and will need to bleed the system.