Hello from the Solent (UK)

Poulner6Poulner6 Member Posts: 6
Just taken delivery of my 232 Captiva, love it, but could do with some help locating a few parts she is a 2004 model, thank you. 

Comments

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Poulner6. Depending on what parts you are looking for, most of them can be found by the original equipment manufacturer like mechanical and electrical parts. Rinker parts like trim etc. can be harder to find, but check out Great Lakes Skipper website. Also, check out the archives on the forum here 
    https://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/categories/rbo-forum-archives
    as there is a lot of great info.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Welcome to the RBOC nice looking ride.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Great to see another UK member here!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Nice ride and welcome. As mentioned Great Lake Skipper is your best bet for surplus oem parts. 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, we have a few others In your neighborhood on the forum.
    Boat Name : 

• russellhrussellh Member Posts: 155 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Welcome! I'm in Chichester marina with 2005 Rinker 270 
    Unfortunately for us in the uk getting parts is not good as we can't just order from Rinker or Great Lakes due to weird trade laws. It's a ball ache to be honest and we end up paying at least 5 times the price!
    example... a 29 dollar trim gauge from Great Lakes, once you've jumped through several hoops it'll cost you 90 dollars then you got to get it posted another 100 dollars plus!! I've tried everything to circumnavigate this so resorted in the end to finding a friend in the states to buy it and post it as a gift or you'll get held up at customs and another bill. 
    That or eBay but then you pay 4 or 5 times the item price on postage. 
    What things are you after??

another good reason for leaving Europe in my opinion. In 2 years we'll have a trade deal with the states and this problem will have disappeared!

You'll get a lot of good advice on this forum and there a friendly bunch  

happy boating!

Russ
    You guys know in UK if we could help you out with shipping, I'm sure several of us would. Just sayin...........
    Boat Name : 

Oh that's kind of you thank you Randy
    @Poulner6  An off topic but just learned and saw pictures of, the largest Green house in the world is located in Cornwell UK. 
    Boat Name : 

• CaptianDanCaptianDan Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    This is turning in to a UK party.  I'm in Suffolk, River Deben.  I am one of two Rinkers in this part of the world and the amount of people we get asking about Rinkers is a great compliment.

I have also tried getting an address in the US and consolidating all my shipping over a few months and then only pay the one international shipping plus customs but to be honest it doesn't work out a huge amount cheaper.

@randy56 Very kind offer Randy, thank you!

"Pipe Dream"
    2002 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee
    2 x 350 MAG MPI Horizon Petrol

• dalekdalek Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
    I may as well chime in. Five Rinkers here in Penarth Marina U.K. Anyone know how many in U.K. in total? Maybe we can persuade Great Lakes Skipper to get an agent over here. I have an account with FedEx but it is still nearly impossible to import parts.
  • andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the release of the movie "Dunkirk" on July 21st. It features some boating in the Solent I've heard.

Andy
  • planesailingplanesailing Member Posts: 173 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    @dalek I'm in penarth marina also. 242 fiesta vee. Would be great to get a rinker agent here in UK. Have contemplated looking into it myself. If there is enough demand for it then I may look into it a bit more!
    Andyd we've got a couple of boats in our marina that we're part of D day and the Dunkirk landings. I'm sure there are still lots more in the uk that survived it. In fact in the Solent I remember watching them in 1982 raise 'The Mary Rose' King Henry the 8ths Warship sunk in 1545. We often go past the wreck site now on our Rinker 270 which is marked by a buoy. We often sail into Portsmouth harbour as well which is the port that many boats in history have left from
  • andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    What an amazing period in history. All those little boat skippers showed some true bravery bringing the troops home.

Andy
  • Poulner6Poulner6 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2017
    I'm berthed at Port Solent, and there are two Rinkers on my pontoon, awesomeness friendly group this is I say thanks guys 

• bazzabazza Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Yes Agree with all comments regarding parts, I have 2010 280 berthed at Neyland Pembrokeshire, we have two Rinkers hear, UK dealer for parts would be great.
    Bazza
  • fiestavee270dphfiestavee270dph Member Posts: 5
    hi im on the river severn rinker 270FV parts are a nightmare to get hold of well all the pretty bits anyway