Options

Freshwater Pump Failed!

I have to change the freshwater pump located in the engine compartment of my 1999 Fiesta Vee 330. Any recommendations on brand, model, specs, capacity, etc.?  I think the original was a Jabsco, but I am not 100% sure. No real markings on current pump.

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "failed", is it running at all, making noise, but just not pumping water? Or just plain dead? If it is spinning but not pumping, try taking a water hose, pull the feed hose from the inlet side and run some water in there while running the pump. Sometimes from sitting over the winter the impellers etc. can dry out and/or take a set and can use a bit of help to get things primed.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Or clogged filter
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are getting poor flow from the faucet, remove and clean the screen in it. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    CoastalGroupCoastalGroup Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Thank you for the input. The fresh water pump is not running at all, seems completely dead.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not trying to be cheeky and seems obvious, but check the breaker at the switch and if ok, then test for power at the pump. Rare for them to just up and quit, but possible.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Check for power at the pump and after the findings get what's needed 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I got a replacement fresh water pump that was plug and play from an RV supply web site.  They use the same pumps in RV and boats it seems.  Ended up being cheaper than a marine store (big shock there).  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I forget the model info.  I think its a Jabsco Flojet.  I replaced mine with the exact prior model.  They carried them at Defender.  Easy replacement.  Mine outright failed.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the pump on my 280EC

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!