Options

05 342 Survey Results

2»

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    If the price is right I dont see why you would not buy the boat. Then again I am biased as my previous Rinker 310 was a foreclosed boat so I bought low and was happy to do  a lot of work, also had a 23' mako that I bought from someone about to be foreclosed on so again for the low price I didnt care about a plumbing leak, some lights that were out, broken horn or broken stereo. Had it good to go in a few weeks! As long as the structural survey and engines/drives check out then I dont see the problem - again for the right price. My current 342 was in better shape than a lot of 342's that I looked at and I still had to replace a faucet connection, fix the horn, replace the speakers, replace a few light bulbs, buy some canvas pieces - thats part of buying a boat that is over a decade old. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    JPCJPC Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the comments.  There are 2 other 342's for sale in my area and this one is by in the best condition and I think a good purchase price.  At this point I want to stay with this model and any other 342's would need to be shipped in with additional cost. 

Cosmetically it is in very good condition with a brand new camper top and a well cared for cockpit and cabin.  The engines are now in good condition after the current owner caught up on the maintenance he had avoided and there are a few more things we are working through.  Hoping to have this closed out next week and back to being a boat owner before the holiday. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with it JPC and fare seas!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget to post the pics when it's home.
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck pay I tension to detail.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct