Options

TV

DaNYMuzikManDaNYMuzikMan Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
Hello everyone.  I just purchased a 2003 Fiesta Vee 250 and, as stated on my previous post, I'm loving it!!!!! 

We are looking to add a TV but have no idea what/where to purchase one.  Are there "marine"TVs or any TV will do?

I really appreciate your assistance.

Thank you.
DaNYMuzikMan

Comments

• Options
    tniggeltniggel Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Here's one on Amazon 
    AXESS TVD1801-19 19-Inch LED HDTV, Features 12V Car Cord Technology, VGA/HDMI/SD/USB Inputs, Built-In DVD Player, Full Function Remote https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G6K7OX4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_qFrezbVG157VS

You want an ac/D.C. Tv that way you don't have to be on shore power to use it
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any TV will do. All new TV's are digital and can receive HD programming via the antenna. If you are looking for a 12VDC TV so you can use it without a generator or inverter, then you can look for RV or semi (trucker) TV's. Most of them you can get with a built in DVD player. I have an Axess branded TV/DVD, which isn't bad for what I paid for it. I believe it is a 21" screen. I get around 35 HD/SD channels in my area using the boat antenna. It serves the purpose for morning news and the occasional football game.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No 4k options?
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    LOL @j3ff  Not a lot of 4K over-the-air content.  

We opted for Jensen 26 inch 12 volt DC powered TV, and a 12 volt blu-ray player.  Works well for us on the hook.  Didn't want the type with built in DVD because of the bulk and the lazy factor.  I put the blu-ray where the old CD changer was so it's close to the V Berth.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    when you start getting into the 24 and 28 inch TV they are 110V. If you stay around 24 inch they're 12V. Just simply cut the cord going into the transformer and you will see the red and black wires. You can either hard wire it in or keep the plug and plug it in the nearest outlet. I wouldn't worry about buying a marine grade TV. Paying double the price for nothing
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    LOL @j3ff  Not a lot of 4K over-the-air content.  

We opted for Jensen 26 inch 12 volt DC powered TV, and a 12 volt blu-ray player.  Works well for us on the hook.  Didn't want the type with built in DVD because of the bulk and the lazy factor.  I put the blu-ray where the old CD changer was so it's close to the V Berth.  
    yeah, no I wasn't thinking over the air, I just searched amazon for 4k 12volt tv and didn't see any.. 

I'm thinking more like plugging the amazon fire tv connected via 4g wifi or chromecast ultra, etc etc.. everything I watch is via an app pretty much these days.. a 4k 24/28 inch tv running off of 12 volts would be sweet.  However.... I guess if you're only watching on overnights at the dock it wouldn't be a big deal to just plug in to shorepower. 
  • Options
    JLASJLAS Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    I've been in the same dilemma.  I first purchased two 12v TVs but, unfortunately, the quality was so poor that I had to return them (one the sound was terrible and the other the dvd was not working properly on the first day.  In addition to that, the image quality was not great; especially, when compared to the AC models. I decided to purchase a 24" Samsung led tv. The power consumption was lower than the most of the 12 v TVs out there even when counting into consideration the inverter (20 W vs 45W), and the image and sound quality are far superior. 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    If the sound is what is bothering you about them (which I do agree, most TV's speakers suck) you can always tie in the audio of the TV to your sound system. Relatively easy to do as well
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    DaNYMuzikManDaNYMuzikMan Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Thank you all for your advice, you all are awesome!!!!

DaNYMuzikMan