Options

Shore power question

walleyewalleye Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
I have an '08 320 that has shore power recepticals on the port side stern, which is what I've always used. However, I just switched marinas and have realized using the starboard side recepticals that are midship will be more convenient based on location of dock power. I tried to hook up using the later recepticals but am not getting any power. Are both recepticals live (and this one apparently isn't working), or is there a switch someone I need to flip that I'm unaware of? Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    You have to change the switch over on the electrical panel.  They are usually labeled port and stbd.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X2 on changing the switch on the AC panel in the cabin.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Thx guys. Maybe I'm more dense than I think I am, but I don't recall having that switch on my panel. Attached is a pic of what appears to be the same panel I have. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The top left bank of switches says "Port" and Starboard". That switch determines which shore power plug on the outside of the boat powers the panel.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's has to be a safety. so someone does not plug the boat in on both side's at once.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Yes, the top switches are port/stbd.  You just need to switch it over.  Right now you have port on.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are 2 switches. Each shorepower point has a main isolation switch. The port rear will likely be beside your rear bench seat, and the starbaord mid will likely be at the panel.

After that there is a shore power selector switch which can be set to "OFF", "Starboard" or "Port". Put that on the right one, and you'll have 110V to the main 110V breaker.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Ok guys, thanks for the comments and help. Attached is the pic of my actual board, which is somewhat different than the initial example pic. Any different thoughts?

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the port side outlets and the transom outlets. I have no switch on the board, when I plug in to the transom those outlets power the boat and when I switch to the side outlets those switches power the boat. They make auto power switch boxes which I assume is installed somewhere. They sense where the power is coming from and switch to those outlets, the box prevents you from feeding power from both sets. My dads sailboat has this same setup which we had installed and i know the manual stated a delay when switching sides, maybe you just need to plug in and give it a few minutes to see if it comes to life. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The meter shows 100 volts? Maybe thats too low to switch over automatically. Verify power voltage at source.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I see is a green light, meaning you have power plugged into that shore power. Probably the breakers to the left of the green light are the starboard and port side shore power, so switching the breaker on where you have the green light (top one), should power the 110V main breaker. You obviously have 110V feeding the panel, as indicated by your volt meter, but the lower shore power breaker should be off for safety reasons.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"