Options

Koehler 5E - no power

gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
So genny was running until I had some engine work done by my marina.  Now I hit the switch and nothing happens.  Checked the breaker and fuses they took good.  Wondering if I am missing something before I blame mechanic.  Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    I should mention that I have no experience with the 5E.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Make sure the battery switch for it is on......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thanks Raybo.  Pretty sure battery was on but will double check.  I had shore power cord plugged in, but turned off shore power breaker.  Would that make a difference?
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    There's likely a second battery switch in the engine room. Mine is on the bulkhead. Also does your genny have it's own battery and does it have a charge?  Sometimes they are not tied to your boats battery charger as the 5e has it's own charging circuit.  If you don't run it though than that battery will go dead. The charging circuit has a 25amp fuse on the controller. The factory fuses do not have a clear window so the only way I could tell they were bad is with a meter. 
    If the obvious things don't do the trick start looking at wires going to the controller. I have had my fair share of corroded out pins. Being in SW this can be an issue. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    gack said:
    Thanks Raybo.  Pretty sure battery was on but will double check.  I had shore power cord plugged in, but turned off shore power breaker.  Would that make a difference?
    Shore power cord or breaker has nothing to do with it..
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5e has its own battery power switch which is on the bulkhead in the engine room. Perhaps they turned it off in yours. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Yup,  switch on bulkhead was turned off.  Thanks all.