Options

New Deck Stripe

DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
Well, got rid of the faded out deck stripe. Bought gold leaf with black stripe from GLS.....what do you guys think? I like it better than the black stripe....
No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342

Comments

• Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Looks awesome!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clean look, I like your scaffolding.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks good Dan and boy is that poliglow a shining! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    looks good Dan and boy is that poliglow a shining! 
    Not bad for a 2005 that was not very well taken care of.....LOL
    Got a very late start this year (still not in the water) but next year I'm going to strip the poli-glow and give it a good wet sanding. I had a scratch that I wet sanded out and its apparent that I can get that shine deeper.
  • Options
    How much time to poly strip? I'm happy with mine but i know I can do better next winter. 

• Options

Don't really know, all's I've done is Poli-Prep. I have a bottle of the Poli-Strip and according to the directions, it's pretty much the same process as the prep but I suspect it will take a bit longer and a little more elbow grease.

If the intent is to wet sand, then you really need to make sure all the PoliGlow is gone, otherwise you'll load up the sandpaper.

For local area's I've used a light scotch brite pad before, that seems to work pretty good.

Again, the nice thing about the PoliGlow is that it will last ALL summer long. If you have a bumper rub or something like that, just a quick rub with the prep and pad and then re-apply the glow.

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Love the pallets haha. That hull looks really good
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Thanks Dan. For some reason I thought you had poly stripped before. We launched Weds and the boat has never looked so good in the dock, really  happy that it should stay the same all summer. I saved some poli glow and the prep pad that came with it in case of touch up like you mentioned. 

• Options
    srlamansrlaman Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Hey...do you have any of that stripe left over?  I checked with GLS and all they have is Navy/Gold stripe.  I even stopped in and looked at all their inventory to make sure.  In Feb, I had them send me a sample and it was Black/Gold but was labeled Navy/Gold so I called them and asked them to send me the roll they took the sample from and they looked all over and said it must have sold.  I wonder if you got that roll.  It's a 150' roll so I would be happy to purchase from you.  I have a FV270 in need of Black/Gold for the boot stripe.  Let me know if you can help a fellow Rinker owner out.
    Scott
  • Options
    Wish I could......I kept about 40' of it and gave the rest away to a fellow boater. Sorry man, you're about 2 months too late.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DanD2.....looks awesome. Rich looking!
  • Options
    srlamansrlaman Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Oh pooh...thanks anyway DanD2.  I bought the Navy/Gold and a thin black stripe hoping to be able to go over the Navy