Options

Fuel sender ?

BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
Has anyone replaced their fuel sender with one of these? Seems like it would be more accurate.        

http://wemausa.3dcartstores.com/Fuel-or-Water-Level-Sensor-4--60-in_p_9.html

Sick of the gauge bouncing all over , time to fix it. And one other question, is the sender the standard 240-33 ohm? 
2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Go to west or any local marine store and get a regular sender
    most senders are aft
    which means on plane or low fuel it would read low or way off 
    regular senders usually come in 6 or 12 inch to matchup to your oem arm length
    ans trust me the bounce will stop
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @BellevilleMXZ I replaced mine with that same exact one last year. Awesome product and way better reliability. I replaced it because my old one was bad and also I was installing the smartcraft gauges. I have read awesome things on WEMA senders. They make good stuff
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    They are better Gage's no doubt but it's designed more for middle sender application 
  • Options
    In all honesty it's all about application
    all boats are different
    anything with a shallown 6 inch sender would probably have no issues with this sender conversion.
    some old deep tanks could be a problem since boat at rest usually will be slanted aft
    some float flat
    ans plane pitch also differs 
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Oh trust me, I get you. But I don't take a true reading unless I am at rest. And I know how much I am off. I have thought about moving the sender to a more central location of the tank as much of my tank is exposed in my 280
  • Options
    Ye my setup sucks 
    I only see my pickup tube and fuel sender
  • Options
    Getting to the fuel sender was a bear
    like being twisted into a pretzel 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @zaverin1 at least you can see your tanks.  Mine are buried in the mid-berth.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Wow
    any panels to get to senders lol
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Rumor has it that you can get to some of the tanks from deck plates under the port side seat and behind the cockpit fridge.  Some day I need to look at those.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    I am probably going to look at either your model or 320 in few years
    so I am all ears lol
    i actually love my 280
    i think it's a perfect lsc boat and to my surprise twin 4.3 do good 
    I will be looking for fuel injection n gen my next upgrade 
  • Options
    Haha. Mine is open for 8 or 9 inches on the on eend but then its covered by 2 foot of plywood before the bulkhead. Could easily take a hole saw to the plywood and retro fit it. 
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    jme097 said:
    @BellevilleMXZ I replaced mine with that same exact one last year. Awesome product and way better reliability. I replaced it because my old one was bad and also I was installing the smartcraft gauges. I have read awesome things on WEMA senders. They make good stuff

Where is your sender? At back of tank? That's only thing I wonder about.....its right at back of tank......
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi