Options

Mysterious red buttons......

mawdymawdy Member Posts: 8
Hi there,
My Rinker 270 (2002) is now afloat and ready to go. However I have yet to find out what 2 large red buttons are located to the lower right had side of the helm position. Not sure if these are retro fit or factory. Also, have yet to find the switch for the holding tank pump out, any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Not sure about red buttons, my 2000 doesn't have anything that sounds like that. Trim Tabs? A pic would help us help you identify them.
    As far as a waste tank "pump out switch" there is none, as there is no pump in tank. A marina or other boat service facility will have a pump out service which is essentially an oversize vacuum that sucks the tank out and disposes of the waste.
    Prevents the "idjits" from pumping out a tank on the water........

But if you mean the switch for the water holding tank to run the on-board water system it will be marked "Galley Pump" and should be about the fourth switch down from the top on the row of switches ahead of the throttle control.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    My holding tank level indicator, if that's what your referencing, was located on the main circuit breaker panel on my 2006 270 if I recall correctly. 
    No clue on the red switches. My only red toggle is the horn. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Post a picture of them......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are admiral ejection buttons