I have a 2004 342 Fiesta Vee need to remove Radar from arch to transport  

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you should
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the flatbed. Shipped a 360 with a full hard top from Ontario, Canada to near Chicao U.S.A.  - no problems. Just removed the radar dome, satellite TV dome and GPS units.
  • Options
    stever3232stever3232 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    need to know how to remove the radar dome from the radar arch
  • Options
    stever3232stever3232 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be able to get to the bolts (usually 4) from under arch/hardtop light access panel. You will probably need two people - one up top and one below to hold and ratchet bolts. Connecting cable should be easy to remove, be careful not to crimp as it is not passive. You can tape the wire flat to the arch/hardtop after protecting it.
  • Options
    BostonwhalerloverBostonwhalerlover Member Posts: 1
    How about A 2020 ray marine 4’radar array , does it have a plug to easily remove wires for removing for transit?
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently removed my 2019 Raymarine magnum 48” both for transport and then again for warranty repair 18 months later.

There is a philips screw holding a small plate on, on the back of the pedestal. Remove that and yes there is a plug there that you pull. That’s it for disconnecting power and data. Also pull the 4 large nuts holding the pedestal on to your boat. The threaded rods coming out of the pedestal are studs so you can back them out of the pedestal so that they don’t damage anything in transport.

for transport we left the antenna on the pedestal, wrapped everything well in blankets and sleeping bags and tied it in place down below on the boat. Worked well but we should have removed the antenna just to be safe. I later did have to remove the antenna to send back to ray for warranty work.

easy to remove antenna, 4 nuts and it pops off. You must pull it straight up to it damage the coax post on top of the pedestal. Cover that post well, we used a plastic cup and a lot of electrical tape to protect. Putting the antenna back on was easy, admiral and I very carefully aligned and slid straight down. There is just a small amount of play. 

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. Oh and the warranty repair was purely bad luck in the board going bad, nothing to do with how we transported it. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)