Options

VesselView 4 290EC

JasonAJasonA Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
I recently purchased a 2013 290EC and during the survey we found that most of the gauges were not working. After purchasing the boat I installed a VesselView 4 in place of the 4in1 gauge. Does anyone know how to feed the trim tab settings into the VesselView? Also does anyone have feedback on the Mercruiser SC100 gauges? I am thinking of pulling out the rest of the gauges and replacing with the SC100 stuff (the tach and trim do not currently work).

Comments

• Options
    jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    When I hooked up my VV 7 my trim gauges weren't working either. There are 2 different harnesses at the engine. One is for digital trim the other is for analog. I don't think you should have to change the connection. But I think some on here did to get it to work. I figured out that my trim sender at the lower unit was bad. It is in the shop being changed out now. Yours could be bad as well. Just a thought. 
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I wrote these notes down when I installed my VV4. I called Mercruiser's tech and this is what he said:  

Digital trim- orange/white (bullet plug).....
    Analog trim- orange/light blue(bullet plug)....
    Unplug analog and plug in digital. 
    You will have to calibrate trim through VV4 settings. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    You mean outdrive trim, right?  If your outdrive has an analog sender, you have to replace it with a digital one.  The boat has to be on land to install it.  The Merc part number is 8M0095310 (around $100).
  • Options
    I did not have to replace my sender... I had analogue trim gauge... simply unplug the analogue bullet connector and plug in the digital.
  • Options
    The outdrive trim works fine in VesselView I want to hookup the Lenco trim tabs to VesselView.
  • Options
    JasonA said:
    The outdrive trim works fine in VesselView I want to hookup the Lenco trim tabs to VesselView.
    Now that's a different story... lol. My trim tabs are not connected to my VV. I have standard Lenco trim tabs and they're not capable of being connected. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JasonA, what did you do for the fuel gauge? I like how your dash looks. I am contemplating adding VV4 to my 280EC and I was going to dump the irratic tach position for the VV4, keeping the 4 in 1. The other option would be making a new dash panel and wrapping it to match.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I had to purchase a fuel harness and simply cut and reattach one wire on the connector to the harness. Now the VV shows my fuel.