**Poste Deleted**

jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
Deleted Post
Post edited by jbschmalz23 on

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Beautiful boat!!! I have a couple of questions for you... 1, which Polk's are those? 2, do you like the Macerator switch in that location? I need to mount a switch on my boat and I was thinking under the rear seat cup holders by the starboard power cut off switch.
    Post edited by Cableguy Greg on
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Those are the Polk MM. I went with Polk because they are one of the only, maybe the only, speaker that is truly waterproof, as the tweeter is separate so the main come is totally sealed. I also went with the Polk marine sub and 5 channel amp and left the factory clarion head unit. It sounds awesome!!

I don't use the macerator on the boat. But the switch location would be good for another switch, as it's just above the refreshment counter top. What type of switch are you adding? 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    @jbschmalz23 dam you're going to make the jump! When you thinking of pulling the trigger?
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jbschmalz23 - that is a great looking boat! I don't think they left the factory any cleaner than that and they certainly didn't have your custom up-grades. 300 hours on a 496 is barely broken-in. Some one is going to get a fantastic boat. Best of luck!
  • Options
    @Michael T, it's your color. Even though it's not a 360, it would get you back into a boat! :)
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I am very OCD when it comes to my boats. LOL.  And I like all the bells and whistles.  @jme097 ,  I found a couple really nice loaded up used 360s with the right power plants, etc. I thought about going ahead and pulling the trigger with an offer and survey on the one, but would feel better about it if I sold the 280. I told my wife it's kind of a win-win, as we love our 280, so if it sells we definitely want the bigger boat, but if it doesn't, we have a great boat already.
  • Options
    Just did another price reduction!! I must want that 360/370 pretty bad! Lol.  Just picked the 280 up from service. Had all the bellows, anodes and the works done to make sure it is all like new. Just dropped it off at the detailer! 
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    @jbschmalz23 - that is a great looking boat! I don't think they left the factory any cleaner than that and they certainly didn't have your custom up-grades. 300 hours on a 496 is barely broken-in. Some one is going to get a fantastic boat. Best of luck!
    Hey y'all!

Hoping to pick this beauty up next week! Excited to join in on the fun!

BTW - wasn't even shopping for a boat - but saw this on FB and the wife, looking over my shoulder, said "You getting a boat for your birthday this year?"

<3 
  • Options
    Welcome aboard, Mike! This forum is the best group of knowledgeable Rinker folks. I don't think there's an issue that someone on here doesn't know how to fix! 
  • Options
    BYW- this forum is an addiction. I get on about every morning with my morning coffee and check out the new posts! Lol. 
  • Options
    Welcome aboard. @Dude_Himself are you local to West Virginia or Western PA? If so, there are a bunch of us around the area. You are getting a beautiful boat!!!
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. @Dude_Himself are you local to West Virginia or Western PA? If so, there are a bunch of us around the area. You are getting a beautiful boat!!!
    Charleston, SC. Y'all are welcome down for some southern hospitality and great boating! Check out our lakes too!