Options

Fresh water pump

Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
On our new to us '07 246 which we have not been able to take out because of the incessant rains & high water here in Iowa, we are going to trailer it to Lake of the Ozarks this weekend. I filled the fresh water tank to check out the operation of the transom shower & cockpit sink. Pump can be heard running, but am getting no out put. The sight glass on the intake side of the pump appears to have about 1/3 water and when I disconnect fitting on the discharge side, some water comes out. Aren't these pumps self priming? If not, what is the proceedure for doing so? Thanks in advance to any one with an answer!

Comments

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Check the filter from the tank to the pump when re installing make sure the washer is seated  aqnd not sucking air they are self priming but if everything was dry I'd fill my hoses

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Never mind -

I was able to obtain function by letting the pump run longer than I would have thought necessary and while I had the discharge side dis-connected, water started gushing!

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Glad it worked out for you Glass....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com