Options

Balancing weight of the boat

jany161jany161 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2013 in Rinker Support Q&A
My Rinker boat sits heavy on one side.  It is a pain to take people on the boat as we have to distribute people to make the boat level.   I purchased the boat used and was informed that the prior owner was a very heavy set man and weights had to be put into the boat to level it out.   How do I access those weights?  where would they put them?   How do I now level out my boat?  
Post edited by Babyboomer on

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Jany161 welcome to the RBOC. We are going to need more info. What boat do you have? Does it have a genny? Hot water tank?.......Year? Model?
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Oh, I just replied to your other thread on the same subject.  Confusing when you have two threads going.  Okay, my first thing would be to really check out this boat.  The fat guy and weights doesn't sound right at all.  Unless this boat is a really small, I could not imagine going through all that hassle.  I would look more for water-logged fiberglass in the hull or transom.  Something seems fishy.  If someone really did put in weights, I would have to guess they are down low, but you should find an access panel to them, no one in their right mind would glass over them.  Curious as to how big this boat is?
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    physc'd me too. Just saw this 2nd post after adding to the 1st. 

We really need to know what you have for a boat. Start pulling panels off to look for the supposed weights on the side with the list. It'd take large amounts of ballast to make any diff on a boat lager than a 260 so it should be obvious, especially if it's a runabout. Hope it's not a rude surprise when you find it. we're curious now.
    Mike
    Post edited by TikiHut2 on
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    What boat do you have? My 2005 fiesta 270 leans like crazy to starboard. I have to keep m fresh water tank full to be balanced .
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be the captain and crew or stowed gear but I don't have any list either way when the water tanks are both empty and no excess gear on board. Consider where any extra weight is distributed
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's listing heavy I will bet the weight is closer to the stern than it is to the bow.

How easy does the boat plane?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"