Options

Arch mounted tv- What size and which mount have you found to work well? 342

WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
Hi guys and gals,   as the title reads, which size tv do you have?  Would you have gone smaller or bigger looking back?  Also, we boat on somewhat rough waters, im looking for a mount that holds well but has the abilty to swivel if needed.  
2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just installed a 24". Wouldnt go bigger or smaller. I measured and that just fit right for a 342. There are pics of it in my threads. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Thanks. 24" is what I was looking at.  

• Options
    Where did you find the plugs to go around the power wire and coax?   Did you just drill through aluminum arch and feed cables up/down.  The holes you created don't appear very large.  Seems tricky to fish power and coax through.  @Liberty44140

• Options
    Hi wild. Right, the two holes in the arch are smaller, around 1/4". The white fairleads that they go through in to the arch came in a two pack from Home Depot. I cut the ends off of both the coax and the power cord, fished down the arch and behind the ice maker then ran coax forward. Pull out the sub and you will see here is a nice opening behind the sub in to the cabin. This goes over the rear locker down below and in to the starboard side upper shelf over the dinette. The coax runs through that upper shelf and in to the tv box, I added a splitter off of the tv antenna power box behind the original tv station. I bought a second power cable for the Samsung tv off of Amazon for $5. So as I said above I cut off the ends, you can easily screw on a new coax end and you can buy new 2 prong 110v end from Home to reattach the end and plug in to an outlet. For power I added an outlet behind the ice maker that is split off of the cockpit outlet. Removing the arch speaker made it easy to fish wires down the arch and behind the ice maker with a stiffer piece of cable as the snake. Ice maker must be removed. 

• Options
    Thank you for the excellent description.  I liked how yours was done with the smaller holes.  My tv and mount arrived a few days ago so hoping to take this on this weekend. 

• Options
    No problem, last weekend I had 13 people inside my camper canvas while it was raining in Marblehead watching the horse race in hdtv from the antenna. They could not believe how awesome the picture was over the digital air. Made it all worth it! One note, the opening from behind the ice maker in to the arch is smaller, maybe a couple inches, so you really do need to pull the ice maker out and snake the power and coax down the arch with a stiff wire. Good luck!