Options

what bilge pump?

floater212floater212 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
has anyone ever changed they're bilge pump out of a 2005 captiva open bow 212? mine IS working but not on float sometimes, unless it get deep under motor. I can't see it or reach it but got a picture with my phone, it's a rule pump, not sure what size and float is a square covered one in white. the picture showed them caulked down to floor so if I can get to it I need the same brand in that size and unclick it and swap wires. how did you get to it without getting stuck or getting dizzy standing on your head for so long? HELP PLEASE!!!

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe post the pic you took and it might help us help you figure out which pump it is?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    floater212floater212 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    the pump looks to be a Rule style with the disengaging ears, but to get to it????? I think is the original.....it's on the same side as (behind captain's chair) walk through so even less room for my fat azz to reach in.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a different boat i had, I installed a new one in front of the old one, because I could not reach the old one. Just sniped the wire's and reconnected. The new location may have not been at the lowest point but it worked.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Chris304Chris304 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2006 Captiva 246...   

Rule 25D Submersible Bilge Pump, 500 Gallon Per Hour, 12 Volt DC, Non-Automatic,Red/White/Blue

Rule 40A Rule-A-Matic Plus Bilge Pump Float Switch, 12, 24 or 32 Volt, Moisture Tight Seals

I got both and the discharge hose for $73 on Amazon (you know the deals where they say "usually bought together")

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to pull the motor to remove it, JK! They are a bigger to get to....
  • Options
    Chris304Chris304 Member Posts: 5
    Supposed to be a removable panel on the seat back, but I think they forgot to cut the blank out haha