Faria hour meter & tack assembly

franchrmfranchrm Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
All,

I'm looking at a 2007 Rinker 262 open bow, arch,  in pretty good shape (350 Mag Bravo 3).  The owner says the boat has 366 hours.  The hour meter "appears" to read 366 hours, though there are two "symbols" to the left of the 3 in 366 (not the flashing hour glass).  It looks like meter is trying to display something. Has anyone seen this? Is the hour meter faulty?  See picture. Thanks

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20+ years with Faria gauges, never anything like that.
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing it still even works  lol

You can get the real engine hours and all the time vs rpm by having someone with the Merc software on a laptop plug to plug into the engine ECM.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • franchrmfranchrm Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
     Update… I had a marina do a pre- purchase inspection and hooked it up to the computer. 260 hours on the motor. I'm not sure what it says on the hourmeter but the owner thought it had 366. 
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    The hours could easily be thrown off, if the key was left on.  When I winterized my Four Winns in October, it had 447 hours.  I accidentally left the key on, and it ran until 531 until the battery died!   Dumb dumb dumb mistake  :|
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Both of mine are reading high, one 90 hours more than the other. I got plugged in at winterization as B_D suggested and have the real numbers that are much lower and equal. You'll also get RPM ranges and hours at each so you can see if these are at high end or not. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• MeltomMeltom Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    This is interesting. The '08 260 I'm about to purchase had a survey done for me and the Faria gauge said ~ 22 hours on it. The surveyor rightly questioned that and we had the laptop plugged in after and it was verified at ~109 hours. Is there a way to have the gauge recalibrated to reflect the correct total ?
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    I think as part of the rebuild service they will set the hours to be correct.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    I had mine rebuilt over the winter.  Gave them the hours on the repair order.  Both came back with 0 hours.