Options

Location of shower sump pump 1997 266 VF

BoatmanBoatman Member Posts: 26
I have been reading various posts about location of the shower sump pump. I have looked under stairs and only have forward bilge. In aft cabin, only access under mattress is to rear which provides access to fuel tank sending. When I turn on pump switch in shower seems to have drain on battery but nothing working so have to believe pump is getting power but may be clogged drain OR pump. Trying to follow drain lines difficult even with medicine cabinet removed. I tried putting shop vac suction to drain with no luck.

Any suggestions? I have looked everywhere that any of the threads on the topic that have found suggested.

Comments

• Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    The way mine works is when the sump box fills with water, it turns on and drains overboard.  But if the hair screen is clogged, the box may not fill up to turn on the pump.  The circuit breaker marked shower sump applies power to it, but the built in switch is what makes it come on.  Only the owner of your same year can tell you where it is, but my 2014 model has it in the front bilge under the steps/mattress area.

It should look like this:

• Options
    Howard, I have checked there and no sump. Only bilge and two seacocks for A/C and toilet
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you at least see a drain line coming from the direction of the shower? Maybe a previous owner had trouble with the sump and just removed it?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Willhound,
    I though of that too. If that was the case then water would drain to bilge area. Dry as a bone in there.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Just had a thought. Looking at the through hull drains outside the boat....are there any that you can't account for what they're for? Might give you an idea of where to look on the boat.  Although they do sometimes travel a bit before exiting.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    not at my boat ('98 266) - but I think it's not a regular shower box in our vintage, but if i recall correctly the drain just goes to a std pump, which then goes out the hull.  i think i got at that before removing the cabinet in the bathroom to get at the pump.  

i can also tell you mine has been on/off again as far as usable.  i don't ever use it so i never fully got to the bottom of it, but i had similar issues back when i cared more - i suspect it was the pump wasn't properly primed.  i think i did a bit to properly prime it and it worked for the rest of the season, but haven't cared enough to do that in a number of years now.    

the pump looks exactly like the jabsco water pump you'll see in the engine compartment that powers the sink, etc.  (might even be same part #)  once you find that you might find some helpful info at http://jabscotech.com/

hope that points you in the right direction - good luck!
  • Options
    nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Nick,
    I'm almost in the same mode as you and is WAY down the priority list. I'm one to make sure everything works even if i never use it. I have not tries accessing through the Stb side wall in aft cabin as of yet. one of these days ill get there.