Options

Happy Long Weekend

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

My best wishes to my valued American brothers - I'm just on the water across the border! May you have a great long weekend and may we remember those who serve/have served that we may enjoy our freedom. Go Rinker. Go Rinker Forum. God Bless The United States Of America and Canada...as well as our boating colleagues from around the globe!

News today on CNBC...boating sales are way up for the first time since 2009! The kids have figured out our secret, first our music/bands, then our cars, now our boats! ....and bloody good for them! GOOOOOO Rinker!

Love my boating time and my time on the forum every bit as much! MT

Comments

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Same to you MT!

A side comment about Memorial Day:  I work with a lot of guys from Israel, where Memorial Day is a totally different animal compared to the US.  Here, it's a three-day weekend of celebration, usually with ample food and drink.  In Israel, it's a day of somber reflection that is taken very seriously.  The entire country literally stops at 10 AM for a two-minute pause to honor the lost.  I was there last year, and it made a real impression on me. 

Different custom, same intent:  Remember those who sacrificed for us.