Alarm System Sounding

s44gagnons44gagnon Member Posts: 6
Hello All,

I have a quick question which may require a long answer.I have a 2013-2014 260EC. This year after the oil change, water separator change and a few minor preventive maintenance work my alarm now sounds. This alarm will sound extremely loud and it's 1 beep. The warning sign which is on the right side of my steering wheel also appears and then goes away after the alarm, this will happen around every 10mins.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I have to take it into the dealer?

Thank you 

Comments

• Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    Check your levels on the gear lube first.. If they are low or empty an alarm will sound.. not sure on the number of beeps on a 2014.. however, its a quick check to see if it is something minor..
  • s44gagnons44gagnon Member Posts: 6
    THANK YOU, I will check
    I believe my boat has to be pulled to check gear lube? I have a volvo penta and the dipstick is on top of the drive. worst design ever 
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think @Capt Ron may be onto something with the gear lube level.

Did your tech zero -out your engine oil change hours after the oil change. I had engine alarms and warnings on my V V a few weeks after an oil change. In my case the area Merc rep said the local tech had not re-set the oil hours and the warning was for an oil change.

I know that there can be different settings depending on the program of the V V and its up-dates (mine had the 2016 data up-date) but you might want to check this if the gear lube check does not solve your problem.

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I don't know about the penta, but on the mercruiser it's right in front of the engine, on the right side. Just pop off the cap and look inside or check the dipstick.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• s44gagnons44gagnon Member Posts: 6
    Another question that may be related to this. My engine will not push the rpms over 4,200. I realize thats still a lil high but gettin on plane can be tricky. I did stop and lifted my drive and there was some weeds wrapped on the props. It ran a little better after that but it's definitely not full power. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly running in safe mode as a result of the alarm. Computer only allows 90% power until condition fixed and/or alarm cleared.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270