EC 310 2014 Water leaks

I own an EC310.
Anyone else having water leaks in the cabin thru the headliner and or skylight?  Mine seem to be coming thru the skylight and or windshield installation area. 

Comments

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a leak on my headliner in my 242, I resealed the windshield screws and bow rail screws and the leak went away.
    2008 330EC
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Davidc, I have done lots of repairs to windshields on Rinkers and other boats. I find a common leakage area is via the screws that hold-down the aluminum frame to the fiberglass. We have discussed the dos and don'ts on this forum a lot and there will surely be a number of posts on the archives. Good luck!

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't have leaks on a 2 to 3 year old boat. What does your dealer say? 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    @MarkB , agreed. HeII, you shouldn't have leaks on a brand new boat, but guess what? It happens a LOT!. I had leaks on a brand new boat. Before it was even in the water. There were three holes drilled through the windshield frame into the gel coat with no screws in place. There were a half dozen screws that were not fully bedded and another half dozen screws that were not bedded in caulking. Also, the two drain holes on the aft areas of the windshield frame had been drilled wrong. Result: water in the cabin. We corrected the problem - no more water. Also had to deal with leaks at the shore power entrance, water inlet entrance and railing screws.
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • DavidcDavidc Member Posts: 3

Anyone want to join in a Class action Law suit.

I have several owners interested.