Rear View Mirror

mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
Fabricated this using a RAM mount.   Great visibility and it offers flexible viewing positions depending on how you're seated. 

Mark
Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
2019 MTX20 Extreme

Comments

• BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

i like this idea. I've lost more than my fair share of sunglasses by looking back to see what's around. the wind lifts them right off my face. end result is me hesitating to look around, which is unsafe. but then again I guess having this I'd still have to look around. it serves to limit surprises behind you. this might just be on my list of upgrades.

I also like how you chose a concave mirror to see more of what's back there. great mod!

• mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod

Thanks.  The mirror was just a cheap on that came with a suction cup mount.  I removed the mount and was able to easily attach a flat plate for the RAM ball mount.  It does not get in the way of the winshield walk-thru and the ones that clip on the top of the windshield can be huge.

Mark

2019 MTX20 Extreme

• frankc3004frankc3004 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Mark. Can you tell me exactly which RAM mount you used? I looked on line and found several styles. I have a 192 Rinker. By the way, you helped me alot with the pics you posted of the trim tabs. I used your pics as a guide to install mine...what a difference it made. Thanks alot, Frank
    Frank, 

I'll get you the details and attach a few more detailed pictures.   Glad the tabs worked out for you.   They totally change the ride quality. 

Mark 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Great idea, I'm definitely going to do this.
    Wayne '09 340 EC

Here's the parts list and a picture of how I modified the mirror itself.  The RAM part numbers are contained in the picture file names below.

Mark

2019 MTX20 Extreme

• frankc3004frankc3004 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Mark. That is what I needed.