Has anyone had any experience removing a engine on a 342 rinker with 6.2 and brovo 3

bottomlinebottomline Member Posts: 19
 slack in splines in engine coupler

Answers

• DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Is this something that you are planning on going yourself? The biggest key on that job is completely removing the rear hatch. If you have the means to do that, then removal of the engine should be pretty easy. I know on my 05, there is plenty of room in the engine compartment, I believe in some earlier years it was much tighter.

I had a coupler go on my old Monterey 282 (5.0 B3) and I had my marina do the work. It was close to a 40hr job and that was mainly because the engine compartment was very tight. My slip neighbor made a special "C" clamp so that they could hook onto the engine and spin it a bit to get to the coupler.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • bottomlinebottomline Member Posts: 19
     Yes , I plan to do myself , currently building a crane to lift hatch  and lift engine . Any idea what a 6.2 complete weighs?
     Thanks
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont need to remove the hatch. The hatch was designed to open all the way.
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    When you open it all the way make sure you put something down to protect it. Old life jacket works good...........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    also when you open it all the way tie it off to a cleat, outdrive or something. I talked with a guy had one fall on him. While working in there. knocked him out cold. beat him down in there, not a good day.
    Boat Name :