Options

Scary Experience Last Night- Lesson for all

2»

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaverin1 said:
    Looks like underwater lights are still on
    Looks like your right,when you zoom in you can see them on.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they sure are.. 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Wow. What a story
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    RinkerRookieRinkerRookie Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Glad I read this today.  I often let my 246 idle when pulled dockside.  I like to let the engine cool down a bit before turning it off.  You can bet I'm changing my habit!!
    Fin and Tonic (w/Lime)...
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Cool down?
    engine will cool down when you shut it off
    if anything it will get hotter lol
    there is no fans just water flow which is less at idle.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
     wow, sure makes you think....Since I trailer, I always leave the boat running when I get to the dock but not to be lazy, to let the motor run and cool off a bit before I pull it out of the water. I have the merc handle so in theory, it is locked but I'm re thinking what I do for sure. My wife knows how to steer the boat but has stopped short of the other controls which she will learn the next time out. Scary stuff... 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I back into a very narrow slip, and only a finger dock on the port side so my procedure so far has been to back towards the finger dock until the port edge of the swim platform is just at the end or first few feet of the finger and then I exit and across the swim platform and step on the dock and guide it in the rest of the way by hand. Boat hook in hand. Engine running in neutral incase I have to quickly hop back on in case of wind issues. NO ONE ELSE leaves their seats until I've got all lines fastened and I've re-boarded and turned engine off. Very first lecture anyone on the boat gets is that when docking everybody sits, nobody moves and nobody speaks unless I ask them to. So far has worked fine.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)