Options

Rinker 320 Black Water discharge

Good morning folks - I'm new to the site with a new to me 2006 Rinker 320. I've been reading through the threads and am concerned about my black water tank.  I've taken the boat out on a dozen or so day trips and am sure that the ladies have been using the head but my tank still registers as empty.  I'm afraid that there may be a valve open but cant seem to locate it on my boat.  I've looked though the manual but it wasn't much help. Any suggestions? 

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    I agree with Dream_Inn. Get it pumped out anyway it wont hurt anything....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    And flush some clean water through, if possible down the vent hole also. Who knows what may be still in the bottom so it's worth a good flush and vacuum.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    First thing you should do is open the engine room hatch (make sure the rear door is open first) and then on your port side will be your head tank.  You can take a flash light and look at it and see what the level is.  The displays don't always read right because they use a float inside the tank to get the reading.  The floats can get stuck.  I'm guessing your tank is pretty full and need to get a pump out.

Not always a float either, the Xintex Fireboy relies on pressure on the sensor. Quite possible it's gunked up and cleaning may fix, I tried that with mine with no change so I need a new one, I already replaced the fresh water sensor.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    If the boat has a Macerator pump, it could be that the discharge valve is open possibly allowing waste to escape.

• Options
    Send_MeSend_Me Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for all of your suggestions.  As soon as the weather clears I will head to the marina and check out the tank.  I would however, still like to confirm that any discharge valve is closed.  Don't want to get popped the Coast Guard!  Anyone have an idea where I would find it?
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    It's rare for fresh water boats to have a Y valve.  I'd expect it to be near the black water tank since the would have to be between that and the head.

@gack, my boat has an electric head which has a macerator pump on the bottom of the bowel, but no Y valve.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    @Stodge My 270  was fresh water use before I got it and has it a macerator pump and Y valve near the black water tank.  (At least they told me it was fresh water use)  I haven't figured out yet how to turn the pump on, but will probably not use it much anyway.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will have a switch somewhere, When I installed mine, I put a toggle switch in  the rear compartment, were the battrie switch is. As you enter from swim platform.
    Boat Name :