One Beep every 60 Seconds

JBobJBob Member Posts: 7
First time out yesterday and after getting boat on water, I get one beep every 60 seconds on the money.  It is a 5.0 MPI and in excellent condition.  I did replace both batteries last week as they were both dead.  Otherwise, levels looked good and boat ran great.  I couldn't find any reference to one beep per minute and didn't know if anyone had an idea.  Thanks and glad we are finally back in season!

Best Answer

Answers

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A single beep, not two?  Is there any chance it's not coming from the engine?  Maybe a carbon monoxide detector?
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X2 on the CO detector
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    If its from the CO Detector it needs replaced. Just did mine on Friday.

• TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    JBob said:
    First time out yesterday and after getting boat on water, I get one beep every 60 seconds on the money.  It is a 5.0 MPI and in excellent condition.  I did replace both batteries last week as they were both dead.  Otherwise, levels looked good and boat ran great.  I couldn't find any reference to one beep per minute and didn't know if anyone had an idea.  Thanks and glad we are finally back in season!
    The fourth post down on the home page titled "encountering faults" gives a list of codes.   The co2 detector is a good guess also.  Good luck. 
  • JBobJBob Member Posts: 7
    Just an update after hooking it up and testing it.  I had to replace both batteries as I had mentioned due to inadvertently leaving the key in accessory all winter.  (I know, don't ask because I don't know).  I keep it in a heated garage and do not winterize it.  Apparently the single beep was related to the low battery.  After putting the two new batteries in and running for a while and then having the  code was cleared, everything is good again.  The code was due to the fact that the new batteries weren't up to complete charge.  Thanks for everyone's help.  I haven't stayed up to date on the site, but it always seems I can be pointed in the right direction.