Options

Rinker 28 Ft - Air Conditioner Access Cover

We have a 2800 Express and under the mattress in the berth is a compartment to access the air conditioner. The marina pulled our boat last fall, winterized it, summarized it this spring and now it is back in the water.

However, that cover to access the air con is missing. I believe it had carpet on it and is about 9 inches x 19 inches. They claim they have no idea where it is. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for that access compartment?  Seems it had legs and just walked off???

Best Answer

• Options
    karenjanekarenjane Member Posts: 7
    Answer ✓
    That is what I am afraid of.  I have checked with Rinker down in Chicago and the customer service gal is checking for me. I have also checked out Great Lakes - they have quite a selection of hatch covers, etc, but not for what I am looking for. I think you are right in that I am going to have to get creative and make my own. This really ticks me off - unless someone stole it who was also in need of this cover??  

Answers

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    That might be a hard one to find. Try https://greatlakesskipper.com/ or just have some one handy with woodworking make you one.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭
    They didn't drop it down behind the unit did they, and it's slipped down under?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    I thought I look pretty good down there but it might not be a bad idea to check again - good advice and I thank you.  
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is the access panel under the mattress, behind the steps, it is made out of starboard. It might be slid way under the mattress.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    It is not under the mattress as I took the entire mattress out from underneath - the reason I know the cover was there in the fall as I opened it up to put Bounce in that compartment to keep the critters out.  I would have noticed them if the cover was missing.  I am hoping when I head down to the marina tomorrow I will discover it slid further down into that "hole" and I just didn't see it the last time I looked.  I really appreciate all the helpful suggestions - you guys are great.

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    @karenjane welcome to the RBOC and good luck finding your cover......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com