Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another 270 Igloo Cooler Thread- This doesn't Look Right

I kicked the can down the road and ordered an igloo marine 25 qt cooler to replace the original. I threw out the old one and feel that it had notches on the handle to lock it into position on the 270. I am not seeing the notches on the new model.  Has anybody else gone through this and does it still sit in place like the original design?  

Comments

• WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,364Member ✭✭✭✭
    Can't say if that one will fit, and lock into the spot, but I do know that the correct model is a 6776. Getting hard to find. Sometimes Wal-Mart in the US has them, I found one in Canada at Acklands-Granger, an industrial supplier.
    "Knot Quite Shore"
  • trip_ntrip_n Posts: 390Member ✭✭✭
  • JonnyMJonnyM Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 269Member ✭✭✭
    trip_n said:

I literally bought this same cooler yesterday and it works well.  I haven't filled it with anything yet though.

"Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Washington, DCPosts: 1,161Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
    @jonnym  i took the center screws out and replaced with small eye bolts and using a rubber gear twist ties ... also make a smaller matching cooler we picked up ..cheese,sandwiches etc
  • JonnyMJonnyM Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 269Member ✭✭✭
    trip_n said:
    @jonnym  i took the center screws out and replaced with small eye bolts and using a rubber gear twist ties ... also make a smaller matching cooler we picked up ..cheese,sandwiches etc

Great Idea, I may have to do the same. 
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • rinker270nbrinker270nb Posts: 116Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the help!  I hate to bash igloo but the cooler is pretty much Tupperware. The lid is hollow, plastic is very light. Lake Michigan water is cold enough right now that I could probably drop a bag of cans to the bottom on a rope and keep them cold.  Like I said, kicked the can until I figure something out.
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,364Member ✭✭✭✭
    That's what I did, just wanted to fill the "missing" piece for the 270 we bought. Ok for lunch or maybe an overnight with a big ice pack. Admiral likes the small and light easy to carry aspect.
    "Knot Quite Shore"
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Washington, DCPosts: 1,161Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with @Willhound. It's nice to have sometimes.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 1,082Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    trip_n said:
    Where did you get those dog bowls? I seen them before but not like that one. @trip_n
    edited June 2017
    We picked them up @ tj maxx/marshalls 
    fold ... ezz to stow .. and maggs seems ta like em ... @shawnmjr