Options

BILGE PUMP PUSHING WATER INTO SHOWER

jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
2000 FV 242 while cleaning the head, the floor drain was backing up, and there was no overboard discharge. The water would slowly drain into the biilge through the bilge pump under the cabin stairs until the bilge filled up enough to turn the bilge pump on, and then it would pump back into the shower. I blew out the hose from the bilge pump with compressed air and it blew up through the floor drain. I used a shop vac on the through hull fittings and sucked water. Now my shower drain pumps overboard from a different pump, but when I put water into the bilge, the bilge pump still pushes water up through the shower floor drain. I don't know why 2 different pumps ( bilge pump, and drain pump ) would have the shower floor in comon unless they both use the same through hull fitting on the side Thinking maybe clogged hose or bad check valve. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Far as I know, bilge pump and shower box should have their own individual thru-hull drains. As Alwsagg says, if it's backing up, somebody took a shortcut for some reason.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, guess I'll be pulling apart the head for a look see.