Options

Getting Rinker Parts

lw110lw110 Member Posts: 4
Hi all! Just purchased a 2003 Rinker 342!! It needs a few parts and I'm wondering if anyone can help me determine the best way to go about purchasing parts for rinker boats. Thanks so much! 

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum! 

Depending on the parts you need,the link below carries parts for a lot of makes and models.

https://greatlakesskipper.com/

2008 330EC
  • Options
    lw110lw110 Member Posts: 4
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there isn't such a thing as rinker parts. You need to make a list of what your looking for and go straight to the manufacturer of those components. It's a pain, but same issue with all boats. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand a Rinker need parts.
    It's a boat what could possibly go wrong.
    Welcome to the form. B)B)B)
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What parts are you looking for?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    So i have the same boat.  New to me last year.  As @MarkB says..."there is no rinker parts".  A few folks have had luck contacting their customer service to figure out if something specific that is in production today will still work but for the most part...no.  So google your butt off.  Great Lakes Skipper has a few things but depending on what you are looking for you may need to go get it fabricated.  All mechanical or electrical components are fairly common place. Just search on the part itself.  There are some things that aren't easy to find but that is where the members here are helpful.  Just describe what you are trying to replace, take a picture and ask.  It is likely someone has done it before or at least researched it.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Yeah, we get into this discussion every year.  A boat is not like a car; it's more like a house.  Most of the subsystems and components are standard off-the-shelf items not sold by Rinker.  

There are a few Rinker-specific parts such as logos, instrument panels, electrical panels and doors.  Those items can often be found on Great Lakes Skipper, which works directly with Rinker and other OEMs to sell their "new old stock" items.

@lw110 - congrats on the 342.  Fantastic boat.  I had one for ten years, and there are a lot of experienced 342 owners on this forum.