Options

Start up beeps

Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
both of my mercruiser 350s have always beeped once when I turn the key to the "on" position. Usually when starting I turn the key to on and wait 4 or 5 seconds and then turn all the way to start. Only usual beep is when key goes to on. Today the port engine gave me a second beep when I started it. To be clear, one beep when I turn to on and then waited 5 sec and then started and got another quick beep. Ran great all day, no further beeps while the engine is on, it's just when starting. Happened on all 3 or 4 startups today and I don't recall it happening before. Lube is full, topped off weeks ago after spring burp. All else is good. Strange?
07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine just started doing the same thing!  Only it's a beep when key is turned to the start position and then another one a second or less after.. 
  • Options
    ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭

My 232CC has always had 2 beeps during start-up. Thought that was normal....Isn't it?

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine does the same. Two quick beeps. Thought I saw somewhere that it indicates there is a fault code in the computer that hasn't been cleared? Boat starts and runs fine otherwise.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, I have not had any alarms on the boat so I don't know what faults would be stored but I read that somewhere too. When I got to the boat Friday I left the key at on for 10 sec and when I went to start nothing happened. Upon restart it fired right up and fired right up all weekend so I ordered a new slave solenoid as that is likely why it wouldn't start Friday. Wonder if that could have added a fault to the system? 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    I have had to beeps on both engines at on position and none when I start it, runs good but the beeps have been their from the time I purchased it 3 yrs ago.
    2002 Rinker FV 342