Options

AC only worked for a while

luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
Tried my AC last night fur first time last night in a hot hot evening Started out ice cold. By morning it was blowing luke warm. Ideas?  I see others leave theirs on 24/7. Maybe it iced up? 

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    They can ice up pretty easily.  Especially when it's really hot.  Could be it needs some more freon to help it work more efficiently.  There are some setting you can adjust from the thermostat to control anti-ice cycles etc.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭
    Or the air flow is low across the coil. I see it ice up of running a long time when set low but with slow fan speed so I back it offf a little. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed once this season it was blowing but didn't seem cold.  I shut it off and burped the seacock intake and turned back on and it was back to normal.

I leave mine on set to 75 when I'm away from the boat for the week.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assume you still had water coming out the side of the boat, running through the AC. If not, something could have choked up your water feed.  Otherwise, like others are saying, it could be low refrigerant pressure, which would ice up the unit.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    luvinlife said:
    Tried my AC last night fur first time last night in a hot hot evening Started out ice cold. By morning it was blowing luke warm. Ideas?  I see others leave theirs on 24/7. Maybe it iced up? 
    Something happened where it may have went off on a safety issue leaving the blower running and shut down the compressor. Turn off the AC power to the unit and turn it back on and see what happens. 
  • Options
    luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    I had it on the lowest setting all night on a 99 degree day. Seems okay now. Cross my fingers