Options

Who makes Rinkers Bimini/camper tops

rinkerjayrinkerjay Member Posts: 3
edited June 2017 in Rinker Support Q&A
hey all, just curious as to who makes the Bimini camper tops for rinker, I've got 2013 rinker 246 with camper top, my wife accidentally dropped one of the buckle straps that hook onto the windshield from the Bimini, went to my local boating store and they hooked me up with a strap that was way too long which causes my Bimini to cave in a bit while underway, looking for the exact replacement if anyone knows the manufacturer.

Post edited by rinkerjay on

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ameritex is who makes the tops. Send a PM to @boattech01 (TJ) to see if he can get you the part. If not, Ameritex has a sell to the public site.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can take the strap you have to a canvas shop and they can shorten it to the length you need. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Who use's those straps?  I have never had one on.

2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who use's those straps?  I have never had one on.

On the runabouts, you need them to keep the front of the bimini top from flying back and to keep it tight.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I lost one as well, currently searching for the exact replacement but there are options online that look similar. Mine is a 48", if that helps.

I only use them when I'm underway with ONLY the bimini open. It helps stabilize it and reduce the side to side movement.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3