Options

Attention all cruisers in NY and CT area

jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
I am taking a trip with a few buddies in month or so and spending overnight on my boat . I am looking for a marina to spend over night with shore power and docks and also has good entertainment night life( bars, restaurants, strip clubs lol) . I am close to Port Jefferson NY area but looks to me like the night life is not great with Strip clubs etc being banned in 2015. Any suggestions in that range or NY and even further North up CT coastline . We coming out at Housatonic River in Stratford. So anywhere within 30-45 min of there. Fire away guys !

Comments

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Not sure you'll find strip clubs anywhere unless you dock in a city, like new haven or Bridgeport. I would head up to the Clinton or Old Saybrook area. Lots of good bar/restaurant options. Between the bridges in old Saybrook is a fun marina with decent entertainment in their bar. 
    Consider going further and head into Greenport or Montauk. Or to my backyard in Mystic which has tons to do. 
  • Options
    gotcha. was looking to go across to NY so we can have a nice ride.  Old Saybrook is nice been up there but bit of a ride from stratford area .  hmm. Port Jeff is nice but doesnt look like much to do other then some restaurants and little tourist shops. maybe well dock up at Captains Cove in bridgeport. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drive down here LOL
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Port Jeff can be nice.  I take the ferry in there all the time for work.  Lots of nice shops and restaurants, but certainly not a raging night life as far as i know.  They do have some nice marinas though.  Danfords i think is the name of one of them and is right next to the ferry.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I live 5 minutes from Port Jeff in Setauket,they have a few nice bars and restaurants but nothing like what your looking for. My brother in law had his wedding at Danfords and is very nice. I would say Port Jeff is more for you to bring the girlfriend or wife for a nice night out.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come swing by the Norwalk Islands on the CT side
  • Options
    Hey Jeff. Ya ill make it down there this summer. You gotta take a ride up here too. Housatonic River.  I finished that job around the corner from your slip so I am out of the area kinda but I see you tied up there. Have to stop in again!