Options

Engine Hatch

fluffy1fluffy1 Member Posts: 2

I had bought a 2005 Bowrider 282 last year and my hatch lift switch on the dash worked perfect.   My batteries had went dead we have all new good batteries but my hatch switch on the dash quit working . I can open it by using the override post down by the battery with a battery charger so I know my lift motor is good. The question is there a reset or a fuse to reset or replace that goes between the switch and the lift motor for the hatch.   If the switch is bad where is a good place to get one .  Thanks Bill

Comments

• Options
    stever3232stever3232 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

HOW DO YOU OPEN THE ENGINE HATCH FROM THE OVERRIDE POST DOWN BY THE BATTERIES

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill, do you have a bunch of push button breakers under your steering wheel? All mine are under there, if a breaker pops a button pops out, and you just have to push it back in to reset.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
      stever3232 said:

HOW DO YOU OPEN THE ENGINE HATCH FROM THE OVERRIDE POST DOWN BY THE BATTERIES

Assuming you have this setup...Go to where your battery switch(mine is by transom door).  Locate the two red twist off covers that expose two terminals.  I use homemade jumper cables about two feet long.  Connect positive clamp to battery and then to one of the terminals near battery switch.  Then connect negative clamp to negative on battery.  As soon as you touch the other side of the negative your engine hatch motor should kick on.  If you hear the motor kick on but not going up, switch the positive and negative on the exposed override terminals. Keep the positive on the positive and negative on the negative on battery.  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    I don't think he's asking how to open up the hatch with the override posts. He's asking how to fix his helm switch.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Should be under wheel like Mark said.  However if your overrides are working I dont know if it will pop.  Mine popped when my override was not working.  Once it was pushed in, the switch and override worked.  May be the switch or wiring. 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    MarkB said:
    I don't think he's asking how to open up the hatch with the override posts. He's asking how to fix his helm switch.
    Stever3232 was.  No?

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    06Rinker, yup, sorry - didn't see the post was hijacked. LOL.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkB said:
    06Rinker, yup, sorry - didn't see the post was hijacked. LOL.
    haha no problem.  I ask a ton of questions on here so I try to contribute where I can!
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270