Options

AC Main Panel

jandavjandav Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
Hi 
Could anyone explain to me the three options on the switch?
Generator - I understand....
Starboard - ?? To me this is when i have the cabel connected to the land electricity, I have 110V in the outlets.
Port - ??

Thanks in advance

Jan Davidsson, Sweden
Rinker 280 EC - 2007

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    This switch appears to be for the meter so I'd say there was an option for a second shore socket based on what side you docked and you can read off the voltage for either input or the gen set.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same boat. You have shore power connections on both sides of the boat. The Starboard one is on the swim platform and the breaker for it is under the U shaped seat. The Port inlet is halfway down the side of the boat just above the breaker panel, but on the outside of the boat. If you plug into that location, then you would switch the three position switch to Port. The green indicator lamp shows which shore power input has voltage and the meter will read which input the selector switch is on.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    And sometimes Rinker uses the same panel whether you even have the optional generator or the dual shorepower sockets which are not standard on every model or year.  Great feature to have the ability to run shore power cord from either side of the boat!
  • Options
    Thanks for helpful input !

• Options
    Sej1969Sej1969 Member Posts: 31
    With or without shore power, with  this panel same  as ours. what should be on to work the house batteries either way ! They only work on Emergency 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sej1969 said:
    With or without shore power, with  this panel same  as ours. what should be on to work the house batteries either way ! They only work on Emergency 
    This only works the items that use 120VAC not the 12VDC items. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Jandav just wondering how long is the boating season in Sweden 
  • Options
    The boating season in Sweden is in general from 1 may to 1 october.
    The really nice weather is between 1 july to 1 sept but we could never really trust the weather or the forcasts...
    We live in a very nice part och Sweden for boating, the west coast. The archipelago between Gothenburg (almost where we live) and the boarder to Norway (city of Stromstad) is extreamly nice!!
    Welcome to Sweden!