Options

Battery Switches

Being fairly new to this Forum I have read the postings for battery switch position. Positions Off, 1 and 2 are understood and is how my previous 250 Fiesta Vee was set up. Getting back into boating after a ten year absence my "new" preowned 260 EC has three batteries and two battery switches, an Engine - House with Off, 1 and Combined positions an a Generator switch with Off and 1. How do I use one use one as solely as a starter and one as an on the  water radio and accessory battery? 

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the boat have an onboard generator? Sounds like one switch is standard start/house switch and the other controls the generator starting battery?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    RemembranceRemembrance Member Posts: 30
    There is an onboard generator but with the Engine Switch I am Off, on Battery One or both.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, now I see. Might be worth posting a pic if you have one, but sounds like your current switch doesn't allow a separate circuit for splitting house and starter batteries except if on the start position. You could separate the cables at the switch, but that would remove your ability to combine both for an emergency start. Sounds like you may have to change out your battery switch?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    RemembranceRemembrance Member Posts: 30
    Thank you for the response Willhound. My three daughters are enjoying the 4th on Manitoulin Island