Options

Oil PSI reading at 4000 rpm 350 Merc- 2009 Rinker 280 EC

seguirseguir Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

Second time out on the boat.   At idle I am getting about 35 to 40 PSI reading.  Between 3000 to 4000 rpm it jumps up to about 55 to 60.  Is this not high??  I am a new boat owner.  Engine has 30 hours and running with 25W-40 fresh oil.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your help...It was on my mind and I didn't know.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfectly normal readings.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Just like mine!
  • Options
    Seguir did you do your 20h break in service?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

Took delievery when the boat had 27 hours.   I was told that it was winterized....however could not get the service orders.   They tell me that the gear lube was done and a oil change was done.   As the boat  it was sitting for about two years, I did a oil change before taking the boat out.  It came with a 3/4 tank of gas, so I filled it up with high octane and will run it for 5 or 6 hours and check the fuel filter for water.  Am I missing anything?  

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just change the fuel/water seperator after a few hours of running.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thanks Black Diamond.  It's a Gen III and I have the fuel/water seperator. It looks pretty straight forward.   Three bolts and unhook the electrial harness.   Its funny....our boats name is "Blue Diamond". My wife and I like the name and were keeping it,
  • Options
    Seguir, refer to the mercruiser manual. The drive alignment should be checked and a few other things for the 20h service.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Mark,  Boat is in the water and I have no trailer.   Can the drive alignment be checked with the boat in the water??
  • Options
    Nope, you need to get it to a lift and they can do the service while the boat is hanging. This is necessary to avoid warranty problems later on.  Call Mercruiser Tech Support and ask them what their recommendation is.

"Boat + Water = Fun"