Options

320 engine hatch

My hatch actuator moves real slow and the last time I used it it would hardly close. It is the original actuator. Has anyone replaced one before and if so what make and size did you use. I have a 2005 320. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From previous posts they say most of the actuators have a Zerk fitting for grease. Once greased up most of the time they start working normal.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    pmerklingerpmerklinger Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Took it out of the boat today with help from a few friends. Took the motor off the ram and between the motor and ram there is a rubber impeller with two keys that drive the ram. It was in several pieces and was jamming up the motor. Was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding parts for an Aculift mo347
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to their website and fill out the contact form 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    In general, no service parts for most any actuator like that. Regardless of make. Throw-away items. 

BTW: Acculift is about as cheap as it gets. Very high amp draw compared to others out there. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I am wondering if anyone has replaced one on a 320 and if so what brand and size did you use. Thanks 
  • Options
    SidneySidney Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested to know the overall range in nautical miles of a Fiesta Vee 320, it's Merc' powered. Thanks
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    @pmerklinger - I believe it's an MQ347, I have the same unit that occasionally has the ram disconnecting at the bottom - like it has now so it won't drive up. Have fixed before just by screwing back down (not easily) but this time I need to pull apart so good to see you have been able to disassemble to some extent. Any cautions or challenges?

@Handymans342 - ever filled it out and go a response? I have done about 3 times that in background forwards to email addresses but one bounces. No phone numbers or any other contact so if I don;t fix this the Acculift won't be the replacement based on service and support.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acculift is a cheapo outfit. Cust service is crummy. They deal OEM. Not too interested in the enduser side. Just a fact. 

If it keeps pulling out from the mountings, check the sliding sleeve at the attachment point opposite the motor end. The bolt on the sleeve should allow the sleeve to slide to compensate for over retracting. 

Better way: get a unit with limit switches. Even better: mount motor end up, keeps water from getting in. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Thanks @Black_Diamond, agree on the customer service point. The issue I have is at the bottom end at the motor/drive point, something unscrews that I can get to grab a thread or so again but undoes itself over time. My motor is mounted well above the bottom of the hull and if water gets that high I have bigger concerns than the lift not working.
    If I have to replace the unit I'll get one of the others instead.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Well  I was able to fix my issue. If you remove the motor there is a small rubber drive that has two key ways on opposite sides. One fits in the motor the other in the actuator. I went to a Ford store and purchased part #5l8z-18197aa. This is a rubber bushing that is larger than the one that comes in the unit. You have to modify to the size and with a band saw cut into it for the keyways to fit. Then after installing the keyways wrap the assembly with rubber pipe sealer tape. This binds the assembly together and the tape glues itself together. I have run it about twenty five times and it seems to work well. I could not see purchasing a new actuator for over $600.  Even if I get a few more years out of it.